Salary bands: £43,000 - £55,000 (depending on experience)
Location: United Kingdom (hybrid working)
Inviqa is part of the Havas CX Network; a Global network launched in October 2020, bringing together the strongest capabilities and expertise across the entire CX ecosystems.
Organised under a common structure, governance, methodology and mission, we bring together more than 2,000 CX specialists across 20 countries and combine the power of data, technology, and design to create meaningful experiences and deliver value across the entire customer journey.
The network leverages the power of rich insights, user-centric technology, and experience-led design to transform business performance for our clients and partners.
Our hiring process varies depending on the role and the candidate, but these are roughly the steps you should expect:
- Phone screening (20min)
- Technical "take at home" assessment (depending on experience)
- Technical interview (60 min)
We are looking for a PHP Engineer of mid-level to senior experience to join our talented engineering team. We want people who are curious to learn and that can work on different e-commerce platforms including Magento2, Spryker, Sylius and the Symfony framework for a variety of client projects.
How you will spend your time
Your engineering duties will include requirements gathering and specification through to code design, implementation, debugging, deployment and support. Projects can vary from large and greenfield to smaller support and maintenance, usually on teams of between 5 and 20. In addition to your day-to-day development work you may be involved in pre-sales and marketing support.
Inviqa employees work across the UK and mainland Europe. We support both office and remote working, though you will likely start your employment working remotely. In such an environment clear and regular communication is key. You’ll be involved in regular project ceremonies including stand-ups, checkpoints, and retrospectives.
You will also get involved in wider community activities and events such as knowledge sharing sessions, code practices, and community discussions. We also host internal conferences (ICON) and hack days.
In future there may be occasional travel from your chosen office for client meetings, a team catch-up, or to celebrate successes with your remote colleagues.
What we want from you
At Inviqa we pride ourselves on cultivating a positive working environment, based around our values of Purpose, Human, Open, Together and Learning. As such, we’re looking for people who are:
- Passionate and proactive: you care about doing the best job possible and can make recommendations on our technical approach and how we work together.
- A team player: you love being part of a team and working towards common goals. You are approachable, empathetic towards your peers, and open-minded about their ideas.
- A good communicator: you can communicate clearly in English to your team and clients.
- The ability to context-switch, though we will try and minimise this so you can focus on your current tasks.
As a PHP Engineer you should have a good grasp of the language:
- You write code fully backed by tests
- You write object oriented code adhering to SOLID principles and sensibly implementing a variety of design patterns.
- You are up-to-date with the latest PHP8 language features
- You have worked with a PHP-based e-commerce platform - ideally Magento2, Sylius or Spryker.
We would also expect you to have:
- Previous commercial development experience, ideally within different working environments.
- Experience of working on a variety of projects of different sizes, durations using an Agile methodology.
For more about what we expect from our engineers and how we support engineering progression, see Inviqa’s Engineering Progression Framework.
You must be eligible to take up full-time permanent employment in the UK.