Salary band: £53,000 - £68,000 (depending on experience)
Location: United Kingdom (hybrid working)
Inviqa is part of the Havas CX Network; a Global network launched in October 2020, bringing together the strongest capabilities and expertise across the entire CX ecosystems.
Organised under a common structure, governance, methodology and mission, we bring together more than 2,000 CX specialists across 20 countries and combine the power of data, technology, and design to create meaningful experiences and deliver value across the entire customer journey.
The network leverages the power of rich insights, user-centric technology, and experience-led design to transform business performance for our clients and partners.
Our hiring process varies depending on the role and the candidate, but these are roughly the steps you should expect:
- Phone screening (20min)
- Technical "take at home" assessment (depending on experience)
- Technical interview (60 min)
We are looking for a PHP Technical Team Lead to join our talented engineering team. A TTL at Inviqa takes overall responsibility for the technical output of a project.
They help architect the solution, make key technical decisions and look after the wellbeing and growth of their engineering team.
Over time at Inviqa you can experience a variety of projects from Drupal deployments, to Magento shop builds and bespoke microservice architectures.
We try to match projects to our engineers' skill-sets, but equally we like to give you the chance to take on new domains. At Inviqa we pride ourselves on delivering solutions to complex client challenges and our TTLs embody that expertise to our clients.
How you will spend your time
You join projects at the start, ideally in a project discovery to understand the domain, build trust with the client, help define and approach and produce estimates for delivery.
Once into delivery mode you will set up the project and onboard the team that you helped pick for the project. You’ll guide them on work to be done and help manage their throughput. We also encourage our TTLs to take on line management of other engineers.
You will lead and join plenty of ceremonies including stand-ups, weekly checkpoints, retrospectives, and client steering.
In addition to all of this you will be doing some coding! The amount of hands-on time depends on the scale of the project - the larger the team and more complex the domain, the less coding time there will be. 50% of your billable time on coding is common.
Inviqa employees work across the UK and mainland Europe. We support both office and remote working, though you will likely start your employment working remotely. In such an environment clear and regular communication is key.
You will also get involved in wider community activities and events such as knowledge sharing sessions, code practices, and community discussions. We also host internal conferences (ICON) and hack days.
In future there may be occasional travel from your chosen office for client meetings, a team catch-up, or to celebrate successes with your remote colleagues.
The Ideal Candidate
At Inviqa we pride ourselves on cultivating a positive working environment. As such, we’re looking for people who are:
- Passionate and proactive: you care about doing the best job possible and can make recommendations on our technical approach and how we work together.
- A team player: you love being part of a team and working towards common goals. You are approachable, empathetic towards your peers, and open-minded about their ideas.
- A good communicator: you can communicate clearly in English to your team and clients.
- The ability to context-switch, though we will try and minimise this so you can focus on your current tasks.
As a Technical Team Lead you should be able to:
- Setup and manage project repositories, and with the support of DevOps, a deployment and CI pipeline.
- Establish and document technical standards for your project based on our engineering guidelines.
- Deploy a website to a hosting environment which you know how to configure. Our TTLs technical abilities stretch beyond writing quality code, you need to be able to generate and maintain the resulting application in a production environment.
- Plan a go-live considering site migration, redirection, downtime, load-testing
Your working style is also important, you will need to:
- Prioritise the unblocking of your team for maximum throughput and high team morale
- Get involved in spikes regularly to work through unknowns and complexities
- Take ownership of your team and the client deliverables
- Form strong and healthy partnerships with project managers and our client success team to communicate progress and concerns clearly and early.
For more about what we expect from our engineers and how we support engineering progression, see Inviqa’s Engineering Progression Framework.
You must be eligible to take up full-time permanent employment in the UK.