Salary band: £30-55k (depending on experience)
Location: United Kingdom (hybrid working)
Our hiring process varies depending on the role and the candidate, but these are roughly the steps you should expect:
- Phone screening (20min)
- Technical "take at home" assessment (depending on experience)
- Technical interview (60 min)
We are looking for a mid to senior level BigCommerce Engineer to join our talented engineering team.
BigCommerce is a core technology at Inviqa. We implement BigCommerce as stand-alone stores or as part of multi-platform systems through integrations or headless decoupled implementations.
As a Software Engineer at Inviqa, we don’t pigeon-hole you into any particular platform. However, we appreciate that it takes time and dedication to master the capabilities of BigCommerce. We value flexibility though, so you would get the opportunity to learn different applications and languages to broaden your skills and experience.
What you will be doing?
In addition to your day-to-day development work you may be involved in:
- Project ceremonies: joining regular stand-ups, retrospectives and demo meetings - both internally and with our clients.
- Collaboration and support: helping others to integrate effectively into the team and be productive as quickly as possible.
- Pre-sales and discovery: activities with clients to offer the technical voice in the creative decision-making process.
Inviqa employees work across the UK and mainland Europe. We support both office and remote working. There may be occasional travel from your chosen office for client meetings, a team catch-up, or to celebrate successes with your remote colleagues.
You will also get involved in wider community activities and events such as knowledge sharing sessions, code practices, and community discussions. We also host internal conferences (ICON) and hack days.
What are we looking for?
At Inviqa we pride ourselves on cultivating a positive working environment. As such, we’re looking for people who are:
- Passionate and proactive: you care about doing the best job possible and can make recommendations on our technical approach and how we work together.
- A team player: you love being part of a team and working towards common goals. You are approachable, empathetic towards your peers, and open-minded about their ideas.
- A good communicator: you can communicate clearly in English to your team and clients.
- Multi-tasker: The ability to context-switch, though we will try to minimise this so you can focus on your current tasks.
We’re looking for a candidate with a proven track record of delivering BigCommerce websites to a high standard. This includes solid knowledge of, and commercial experience with, most of the following:
- BigCommerce REST & GraphQL APIs
- Stencil Theming including:
- Stencil CLI & Utils
- Component based approach & Custom templates
- JS TemplateContext Injection & Handlebars
- Localisation / Translations
- 3rd Party Integrations / Apps
- Theme Deployment & Updates
- Web Accessibility & SEO
- Automated testing
- Knowledge of the Checkout SDK
- Marketplace app development
We would also expect you to have:
- Previous commercial development experience, ideally within several different working environments.
- Experience of working on a variety of projects of different sizes, durations and agile methodologies, ideally in the space of ecommerce.
For more about what we expect from our engineers and how we support engineering progression, see Inviqa’s Engineering Progression Framework
At Inviqa we work on a wide variety of exciting client projects; there’s no single stack. However, these are the dominant tools we use and you could get the chance to work with:
Frameworks & Libs: Symfony | Node.js | React | Storybook
Platforms: Sylius | BigCommerce | Shopify+ | Magento | Spryker | Drupal
Testing: Behat | PHPSpec | PHPUnit | Jest | Cypress
CI / CD: Docker | Scrutinizer | Blackfire | Codeship | Prometheus | ArgoCD | Jenkins
Hosting: AWS | DigitalOcean | Platform.sh | Acquia
Although our work varies, we strive to build consistently high-quality products:
- We follow Agile principles through Scrum and Lean Kanban.
- We have Engineering Guidelines for best practices for all work throughout the department.
- We write tests for our code; it’s second-nature.
- We have a constructive peer review process for all work.
- Our DevOps team ensures we have automation throughout the development lifecycle with dynamic environments, automated tests, code quality checks, and performance metrics.
You’ll be part of a friendly supportive team who are dedicated to creating amazing customer experiences. You will be supported to develop your skills and experience both through our dedicated training budget, the chance to attend/present at relevant conferences, and through our internal conference, ICON. We offer a genuinely flexible working environment, 25 days holiday, pension scheme, great offices and a company full of fantastic people.
At Inviqa, we craft digital experiences that change the game for our clients and their customers.
Our teams combine strategy, customer insight, and technology engineering to help brands like Tesco, Reiss, and Arsenal FC to rapidly solve customer problems and achieve their goals faster.
We’re a team of around 150 strategists, designers, technologists – and everything in between. And with offices across the UK, Germany and Hungary, we’re a local agency with global reach. Our vision is to create the best possible experiences for each other, our clients and their customers.
You must be eligible to take up full-time permanent employment in the UK.