Salary band: £62-£75k (depending on experience)
Location: United Kingdom (hybrid working)
Our hiring process varies depending on the role and the candidate, but these are roughly the steps you should expect:
- Phone screening (20min)
- Technical "take at home" assessment (depending on experience)
- Technical interview (60 min)
We are looking for a Solutions Architect to define and shape technical solutions to our clients business challenges. You will represent the technical capabilities of Inviqa to clients, instilling confidence and assurance that their technical estate is in safe and talented hands. You are adept and handling unknown situations, eliciting fragments of information from our clients and piecing them together to propose technical architectures and present them. You play a major part in winning new work for Inviqa and setting the technical direction both for individual engagements and Inviqa as a whole. You will report into the Head of Engineering.
What you will be doing?
Supporting Sales in our pitch process
Your outcomes are to win work and ensure our technical teams have the greatest chance of delivering successfully. As the primary technical support for Sales, you will:
- joining early engagement calls to meet potential clients, instill confidence in our technology credentials and understand their challenges
- perform research in our clients business and domains to gain further understanding.
- lead workshops to elicit technical details
- contribute to RFP responses
- produce high level specifications, diagrams and estimations to support the pitch
- compile your assets and present them back as part of the pitch
Architecting solutions in early Delivery phase
- reading documentation, attending and leading workshops to document existing and desired systems and processes
- leveraging knowledge, experience and partnerships to define a detailed systems architecture to deliver success for the client
- working with BAs and Consultants to define detailed specifications
- collaboration with Experience Design to ensure a system architecture that is aligned to a designed customer experience
- liaising with Technical Team Leads and Software Engineering Managers to determine the implementation details to deliver your vision
- provide technical oversight on complex technology projects for which you have defined the architecture and approach, to ensure that the vision is understood and executed, or evolved as details are uncovered
Business progression and innovation:
- part of the Engineering Leadership Team, helping to drive the conversation around technologies for Inviqa
- proposing and researching platforms, tools and techniques
- assist in defining Reference Architectures for Inviqa to service common client challenges
- support and review any engineering team that needs to architect complex solutions
- Help the Marketing team by promoting Inviqa through events and technical writing.
- joining internal community events
- upskilling engineers in consultancy skills at every opportunity
What are we looking for?
- you understand complex enterprise architecture; you know the common IT systems and services in the marketplace, how they make-up corporate IT estates and appropriate ways to integrate them
- while you may not necessarily have detailed and specific experience of the platforms used at Inviqa, you know the core functionality and caveats of our offerings
- you are not just a client-facing technical person - you need to be engaging and inspiring. You must instill confidence in our clients and potential clients, that Inviqa is an authority in technology
- you are adept at contributing to presentations and delivering them as part of pitch teams
- you can handle challenging situations where you do not know the answer in front of demanding clients, capable of navigating these unknowns confidently and competently
- you can design solutions often with limited information and have the skills to gather as much of the missing information as possible from clients or other resources
- you can adapt your communications to the level of technical understanding of your audience effortlessly
- you get a kick out of new technology, constantly exploring and researching what’s new and relevant to your role and company
- you are self-driven and can operate with a high degree of autonomy
- you are available to travel regularly
Ideally you would also have
- 5+ years experience as a Software Engineer and are aware of the challenges in developing large-scale commercial applications
- 5+ years experience in both ecommerce and content digital domains
- 2+ years experience within an agency environment
- Some experience either in areas of our technology stack
At Inviqa we work on a wide variety of exciting client projects; there’s no single stack. However, these are the dominant tools we use and you could get the chance to work with:
Frameworks & Libs: Symfony | Node.js | React | Storybook
Platforms: Magento | Drupal | Spryker | Sylius | BigCommerce
Testing: Behat | PHPSpec | PHPUnit | Jest | Cypress
CI / CD: Docker | Scrutinizer | Blackfire | Codeship | Prometheus | ArgoCD | Jenkins
Hosting: AWS | DigitalOcean | Platform.sh | Acquia
See our Tech Radar for a more comprehensive list of technologies we are working with.
Although our work varies, we strive to build consistently high-quality products:
- We follow Agile principles through Scrum and Lean Kanban.
- We have Engineering Guidelines for best practices for all work throughout the department.
- We write tests for our code; it’s second-nature.
- We have a constructive peer review process for all work.
- Our DevOps team ensures we have automation throughout the development lifecycle with dynamic environments, automated tests, code quality checks, and performance metrics.
You’ll be part of a friendly supportive team who are dedicated to creating amazing customer experiences. You will be supported to develop your skills and experience both through our dedicated training budget, the chance to attend/present at relevant conferences, and through our internal conference, ICON. We offer a genuinely flexible working environment, 25 days holiday, pension scheme, great offices and a company full of fantastic people.
At Inviqa, we craft digital experiences that change the game for our clients and their customers.
Our teams combine strategy, customer insight, and technology engineering to help brands like Tesco, Reiss, and Arsenal FC to rapidly solve customer problems and achieve their goals faster.
We’re a team of around 150 strategists, designers, technologists – and everything in between. And with offices across the UK, Germany and Hungary, we’re a local agency with global reach. Our vision is to create the best possible experiences for each other, our clients and their customers.
You must be eligible to take up full-time permanent employment in the UK.