Salary bands: £43,000 - £64,000 (depending on experience)
Location: United Kingdom (hybrid working)
Our hiring process varies depending on the role and the candidate, but these are roughly the steps you should expect:
- Phone screening (20min)
- Technical "take at home" assessment (depending on experience)
- Technical interview (60 min)
We are looking for a mid to senior level Drupal Engineer to join our talented engineering team.
Drupal is a core technology at Inviqa. We implement Drupal as a stand-alone application or part of multi-platform systems through integrations or headless decoupled implementations. We represent many clients including a small number on D7 through to our majority on D8 and looking forward to D9.
As a Software Engineer at Inviqa, we don’t pigeon-hole you into any particular platform. However, we appreciate that it takes time and dedication to master the capabilities of Drupal. We have a very passionate and tight-knit Drupal community that you would be part of. We value flexibility though, so you would get the opportunity to learn different applications and languages to broaden your skills and experience.
Activities and ways of working
In addition to your day-to-day development work you may be involved in:
- Pre-sales and discovery: activities with clients to offer the technical voice in the creative decision-making process.
- Project ceremonies: joining regular stand-ups, retrospectives and demo meetings - both internally and with our clients.
- Collaboration and support: helping others to integrate effectively into the team and be productive as quickly as possible.
The Ideal Candidate
We’re looking for a candidate with solid knowledge of, and commercial experience with, most of the following:
- A proven track record of delivering Drupal 7 & 8 websites to a high standard
- Drupal 8’s Layout Builder
- Configuring Drupal as a headless CMS
- Drupal’s Configuration Management System
- Understanding and being able to collaborate with others to use Drupal’s theming layer
- Strong object oriented PHP knowledge
- Automated testing
- Version control, including Git
We would also expect you to have:
- Previous commercial development experience, ideally within several different working environments.
- Experience of working on a variety of projects of different sizes, durations and agile methodologies.
For more about what we expect from our engineers and how we support engineering progression, see Inviqa’s Engineering Progression Framework.
You must be eligible to take up full-time permanent employment in the UK.